ALMR Late Night Award winners
ALMR Press Notice
The ALMR has announced the winners of the 2017 Late Night Awards, from a record number of entries – more than 300 nominations were received this year.
The winners were announced at a gala ceremony at Café de Paris, London, with the ALMR recognising the best of the dynamic and exciting late-night sector across six categories.
Best Late Night Food
Best Late Night Drink
New World Trading Company
Best Late Night Entertainment
Best Marketing & Promotions
Best Service & Team Development
Beds & Bars
Best New Venue
Impossible, Manchester Tokyo Industries
ALMR Chief Executive Kate Nicholls said: Congratulations to all this year’s winners. Every one of them has proven themselves to be innovative and eye-catching in an incredibly competitive sector.
“The UK’s late-night eating and drinking market is one of the country’s best assets, home to some of the most exciting entrepreneurs. The range of businesses honoured at the Late Night Awards shows the fantastic strength and variety or businesses connected to the night-time economy.”
Notes for editors
- The ALMR (Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers) is the only national trade body dedicated to representing the interests of the UK’s diverse eating and drinking out sector.
- Eating and drinking out businesses generate £63bn in turnover (+37% since 2010) and contribute £32bn GVA (+63% since 2010), pays a third of turnover in taxes and invests £4.4bn pa in our high streets and local communities.
- The sector supports 1.6m jobs (+18% since 2010), creates 1 in 7 of all new jobs and has grown at 6.5% pa since 2010 (9.3% pa for restaurants).
- The ALMR’s diverse membership includes pubs, restaurants, bars, nightclubs and coffee shops The ALMR represents over 90% of all managed pubs in the UK as well as leading casual dining chains and world-renowned nightclubs.
- Two-thirds of our members are small independent companies operating 50 outlets of fewer under their own branding, but our membership also includes some of the largest high street operators including: JD Wetherspoon, Casual Dining Group and Carluccio’s, with well-known branded outlets such as: All Bar One, Slug & Lettuce, TGI Fridays, Wahaca, Wagamama and Harvester.
- For more information please contact the office on 0208 579 2080 or visitalmr.org.uk.